Don't worry, future grill. Our time will come.
Arugula salmon salad? Meet watermelon feta salad with mint. So many good things happening on this plate.
Arugula & Spinach Salmon Salad with Capers and Shaved Parmesan
Adapted from Skinnytaste
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup baby spinach
- If you're really fond of one of these greens, double your favorite and cut out the other one altogether! Or, use a different green. The power is YOURS!
- 4 ounces salmon, skin removed (optional)
- 1 tsp capers, drained
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp shaved parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Cook in pan with oil or grill for 10 minutes. Remove the salmon skin if you want to be healthy.
- Place greens on plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top greens with salmon and capers.
- Drizzle oil and vinegar, then sprinkle parmesan. As you can see above, I used way more than 1 tablespoon.
Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint
- Seedless watermelon, chilled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lime juice
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper
- Cut rind from the watermelon, the cut into 1-inch chunks. Place in colander and drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Place watermelon in a bowl, toss with dressing and mint.
- Add feta, stir to combine thoroughly.
- Serve with a slotted spoon so watermelon juice stays away from the rest of your food. Unless you really like watermelon juice.
- I purposely omitted amounts from the ingredients. I didn't make as much as the original recipe called for, so I just eyeballed it.
- Make this salad just before serving.
- Try to avoid leftovers. It doesn't keep well. The dressing congeals and it's just gross.
Looks great, doesn't it? With sangria to drink, everything about this meal just oozes summer.