Working with wonton wrappers was surprisingly easy. They come pre-floured so they don't stick together, and you can freeze what you don't use.
You'll find I deviated a bit from Emily's recipe to account for personal taste and to make enough leftovers for lunches. It's not the healthiest of meals, but it's fun to make and eat. If you have leftover meat and toppings, make yourself some rockin' taco salads. There is no downside to any of this.
Adapted from Emily Bites
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 24 wonton wrappers - Found in the produce section
- Salsa con queso
- Chunky salsa - Wholly Guacamole Classic Medium, of course!
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add chicken to skillet, then add taco seasoning. Stir occasionally until browned.
- Add black beans and keep cooking until warm.
- Press a wonton wrapper into each cup of the muffin tin.
- Dab about a teaspoon of the salsa con queso into each cup and spread it out around the bottom.
|Yeah... that's more than a teaspoon.|
- Add about a tablespoon of the chicken/bean mixture to each cup.
- Add just enough salsa to cover, then sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Press another wonton wrapper on top to smoosh everything down (but not too much), rotated 45 degrees from the first wrapper for maximum visual appeal.
- Repeat steps 5-7.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
- Dab your favorite Wholly Guacamole on top, and enjoy!
|Served with Emily Bites' Cheesy Amazing Mexi-Rice,|
which was both cheesy and amazing.