Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mango and chili powder: Good snack, or GREAT snack?

My favorite snack as of late is mango and chili powder.


It is so, so good. And good for you! I was proud of myself for coming up with it, until I learned it's a pretty common thing.

Some recipes call for salt, lime juice, and other additives. I just cut up a mango, sprinkle chili powder on top, and eat. Though I do love salt, I may have to try that.

I've got a system. I buy firm mangos from the supermarket then ripen them at home for 5-7 days.  After I cut up the ripe mangos, I buy new ones and the cycle continues. For optimal cutting, well, I haven't gotten that down yet. I've been peeling, then slicing (or hacking, whatever), then gnawing the leftover fruit around the pit like Tom Hanks's baby corn in Big.

Sexy.

The National Mango Board's method is way easier, and it's exactly how I cut avocados! Who knew?


I want to work for the National Mango Board so I can tell people I work for the National Mango Board.

What's your healthy snack du jour?

No comments:

Post a Comment