Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CSA share, aka "Is that a cucumber in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Whoa, nelly! Check out our CSA share this week:

june 30, 2010 share

From top left, clockwise:
  • lettuce
  • broccoli
  • peas (snow or sugar snap, not sure yet)
  • spinach
  • basil
  • cucumbers
  • yellow summer squash
  • zucchini
  • turnips (in middle)
  • CHERRIES 
The cherries are sweet and firm, the best kind.  Nothing worse than tart or mushy cherries.  I forsee a pie in our future, assuming we don't eat them all first.

And holy cucumbers, Batman!  We got seven, varying in size from "standard Kosher dill" to "five dollar footlong."  The girth on this bad boy would make Jenna Jameson blush. Maybe.

fat cucumber

Our CSA does an awesome job of providing recipes to go with each share, so I'm eager to try the Chilled Cucumber-Mint Soup. I may also make a salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella. Why not, right? I will also do all of this tomorrow, since I'll be out of town Friday-Monday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment